This morning, Google+ hosted a great Hangout with SpaceX's Elon Musk and Virgin Galactic's Sir Richard Branson on entrepreneurship, space, and innovation. If you missed the Hangout, you can watch it on YouTube here.
I've highlighted some of the best advice that Elon and Richard gave during the Hangout below.
- Take as much feedback as you can from as many people as you can
- Seek critical feedback
- You want the future to be better than the past—or at least I do
- Understand the mission
- Make sure those joining the company believe in the mission
- Throw as many hours at it as you can
- Great idea? Screw it, just do it.
- Many of the best ideas come from personal frustration
- What can I do to make a real difference in the world?
- Motivate other people
- Don’t let your business absorb your life 100%
- Surround yourself with other people that can share the burden
As an aerospace and aviation photographer I am also dabbling in the realm of entrepreneurship with my upcoming projects. Here is some additional advice I would give:
- Dream enormously, but start minutely
- Accomplish something much bigger than yourself
- Meet everyone that you can
- Inspire and be inspired
- Never settle
- Come full circle and give back to the world
Thank you to Elon Musk and Richard Branson for their time and to Yonca Brunini for hosting the Hangout. Hope the rest of the day is just as inspirational!